Job Title – Project Manager
Industry - Pharmaceuticals
Location - Northern Belgium
Duration - 12 months
Start Date - 04/05/2020
Languages – English
About the Company
A fortune 500 healthcare company that primarily focuses on chronic and acute medical conditions.
- A very attractive position has arisen for a driven and pragmatic engineering project manager at a worldwide healthcare company.
- Working in the pharmaceutical industry this role will primarily focus on delivering capital projects within the engineering sector.
- You will work alongside a team of project managers and project engineers while reporting to the senior project manager.
- Projects will be varied from automation/mechanical based installations (new process equipment); machine upgrades; utility improvements and small constructions.
- Comply with all corporate policies and external regulatory requirements
- Raise CAPEX
- Compile quality associated documentation (URSs / change controls / critical system drawings and system reference files).
- Be responsible for the project planning from design through to construction and commissioning. Tasks will include management of project risk; resources; budget control and ensuring the project is completed on time to the required standards
- Work closely with the purchasing department throughout the tendering process
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders, designer and construction companies to ensure good communication of all activities
- Manage day to day activities of the project
- Manage EHS requirements and sub-contractors
- Provide technical and project leadership in multi skilled teams
- Lead design review meetings to promote innovation and discussion
- Produce monthly reports and presentations for communication to the senior leadership team
- Generate accurate financial forecast spending
- Maintain overall picture of key deliverables across multiple projects
- Achieve all GMP and quality process requirements
- Interpret the customer requirements with working solutions
- Engineer best practises to reduce energy and material waste
- Be flexible in your approach and working hours (OT and weekend working will be expected from time to time)
- Participate in validation drafting and implementation
Who we are looking for:
An experience project manager with a background in electrical or mechanical engineering. The successful candidate will hold at least HNC/HND qualifications in an engineering discipline however this is not essential as proven experience will be considered.
- Be a strong leader with exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of UK’s GMPs and current industry pharmaceutical practice is preferred
- Demonstrate experience in managing pharmaceutical or FMCG projects from cradle to grave
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise workloads for the needs of the business
- Ability to achieve consensus through debate and influence
- Be an autonomous individual, action-orientated and empathetic
- Microsoft Project skills
- AutoCAD familiarisation
Experience in WFI/RO and general utilities would be advantage, knowledge in automation and electrical distribution systems is also ideal.