|Location||Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology|
We are currently recruiting for a Medical Affairs Specialist to join our client's Medical & Business Integrity Team based in Slough, UK.
Your role is to actively contribute towards the provision of a front-line evaluated medical information service in response to enquiries from healthcare professionals, principally doctors, pharmacists, patients and internal customers.
This includes participating in internal and external therapeutic area-related activities and working on leading projects such as clinical, educational and medical writing activities. In addition, the role supports the medical function of BII and key stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable codes and practices.
• Respond to medical questions from healthcare professionals and internal customers by presenting high quality information using in-house and external sources.
• Develop and maintain specific expertise for specialist products and assume responsibility for the provision of medical information support for these (primarily across Neurology therapeutic areas). Also manage the medical information enquiries for mature products.
• Work collaboratively with the relevant brand teams and provide strategic scientific input.
• Participate in the global medical information team in the development of global content for products and ensure the content is reviewed and updated regularly.
• Assist in maintaining departmental databases and standard response documents.
• Support the first line medical information service and out of hours vendor by providing product expertise and training.
• Coach and mentor staff on medical information systems and assist in product and therapy area training of other staff including Sales, Marketing and Medical personnel.
• Handle adverse event reports and product complaints.
• Contribute and champion high standards to the review and approval of both promotional and non-promotional material produced in support of marketed products in accordance with the ABPI/PAGB/IPHA Codes of Conduct.
• You should have a university degree in a biomedical discipline or the equivalent. A good understanding of the requirements of the ABPI Code of Practice as well as experience of medical information in the pharmaceutical industry or a hospital setting.
• Experience of analysing and summarising biomedical data from published papers where attention to detail is necessary
• Worked collaboratively with other members of a Medical department as well as Marketing and Sales Business Units, Pharmacovigilance and other groups
• The ability to prioritise workload in a busy, professional environment.