|Location||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
Principal Scientific and Medical Publications Writer
Our client is a global commercial-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first-in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Principal Scientific and Medical Publications Writer will be responsible for the development of high-quality publications. He/she will work closely with authors (both internal and external) as well as other internal stakeholders to develop abstracts, posters, slide decks and manuscripts.
This position requires strong scientific, medical writing and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for the timely execution of Karyopharm’s global publications plan.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop manuscripts and congress materials (abstracts, posters, oral presentations) in accordance with timelines set in the publication plan.
- Critically analyze complex data and collaborate with internal stakeholders on data analysis and presentation.
- Draft, edit and submit manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Draft, edit and submit abstracts, posters and slide decks for presentation at scientific and medical congresses.
- Coordinate the review and approval/sign-off processes for publication projects (both authors and internal stakeholders) and the submission process.
- Ensure that the publication development process and all materials produced are in compliance with current guidelines including but not limited to ICMJE and GPP3 as well as company publications policy and procedures.
- An advanced degree in medical science (PhD, PharmD, or MD) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in writing scientific documents/publications in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- Oncology experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of guidance related to publications (GPP3, CONSORT, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Agreeable to travel as needed for business objectives (5-10%)