Head of Process R&D & Pilot Plant
Our client is a world leading CDMO, serving the pharmaceutical industry. They are looking for a Head of Process R&D laboratories (P R&D & Pilot Plant), who will ensure all projects are completed on time, in budget and in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
This position will have direct oversight for a team of 25 people and reports directly into the Site Head.
Leading the process development and research department, this person will:
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time, in budget, in accordance with all regulatory requirements and cGMP standards.
- Be responsible for all aspects of safety, hygiene and environmental protection.
- Participate in contract negotiations with clients on incoming projects.
- Participate in the preparation of documents related to the activities of the P R&D department, guaranteeing quality and accuracy.
- Ensure the success of all scale up processes, maintaining the availability of all operational resources.
- Be responsible for all activities within the Pilot Plant, and ensuring coordination with the Supply Chain.
- Be responsible for quality, yields, deadlines, production costs and revenues of Pilot products.
- Develop innovative concepts and continually improves process.
- Be in charge of the OPEX and CAPEX budget.
- Ability to handle conflicts.
- Scientific spirit, rigor and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Project coordination and client orientation.
- Ability to lead chemists as well as technicians and/or trainees.