Lead Data Scientist – Industrial
Great chance to join a leading multinational Industrial/Metals firm in Paris as a Lead Data Scientist and develop their internal Data Science capabilities. This firm has over 10,000 employees, revenues over $3 billion and is looking to invest heavily in their Data Science team in 2019 to unlock new potentials and insights.
- Manages the technical data development projects, provides technical consistency between the teams put in place processes and tools development to the state of the art.
- Following the start of production of the algorithms, their performance and their evolution over time.
- Provides technical coordination with all actors of data projects Eramet: trades for suitability analysis with user needs, the IT department for the start of production
analysis, the R & D center for Eramet research projects.
- Helps Launch Analytics Center Eramet by the choice of strategic partners and recruiting new employees.
- Deliver technical training internally and ensures technical excellence (technical conferences, academic publications and blogs, patents).
- Coordinate project teams.
- Bac+5 Degree / BSc or MSc in Physics and Chemistry, supplemented by a PhD in a quantitative field (physics, operations research, engineering, data science, machine learning, IA).
- 3 to 5 years technical experience in Machine Learning Deep Learning, image processing, language processing.
- Industry experience, knowledge of industrial data (time series, production systems, free text, images and videos).
- Technical management of data projects experience, from development of needs, to put to production, through prototyping.
- Project team coordination experience.
- Python programming (expert), R (intermediate), C / C ++ (intermediate).
- Control of Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Pig / Hive) and cloud (Azure).
- Fluent English.
- Based in Paris
- Allow approximately 20% to 30% of the time travel (In France, Europe and Globally)