Senior Manager, MSL (Mediterranean Territory)
We are currently working with a hugely exciting and rapidly growing oncology focused pharma company build their European Medical Affairs team. This company currently has around 150 employees and focus on the discovery and development of novel, first-in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport and related targets.
Within the role you will be responsible fhe identification and engagement of a targeted group of Global, National and Regional thought leaders/healthcare professionals (HCPs), as well as important HCP Stakeholder groups. This position provides consistent delivery of educational and compliant scientific information in support of the company’s pipeline.
• Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Company policies and accepted standards of best practice
• Identify and develop relationships with community/academic thought leaders along with treatment advocates on a local, regional, and national level.
• Provide scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and external experts of strategic importance
• Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence in key academic centres by facilitation of research and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest.
• Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for thought leaders and external experts within an assigned geographic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, relevant medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
• Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.)
• Serve as a scientific representative to the medical community and facilitate the appropriate exchange of scientific information.
• Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers.
• Utilize approved resources to address customer needs, ensuring they are in compliance with all guidelines and regulations.
• In partnership with clinical operations, support trial awareness, enrolment, and identification of potential sites/investigators for clinical trial participation.
• Serve as the key liaison for all aspects of investigator sponsored research
• Facilitate medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities, structure and function
• Attend relevant scientific meetings and Conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform strategic priorities and initiatives.
• Communicate therapeutic market trends which may impact the pipeline.
• Participate and support advisory boards and steering committees.
• Lead and/or participate on committee/project teams which support MSL strategies as delegated by MSL leadership
• Gain feedback through field interactions with HCPs to uncover collaboration opportunities and pair customer’s unmet needs with available internal resources.
• This position is a field based international role as such the person is expected to be able to travel and be active with in field duties 70% of the time.
• Advanced doctoral degree preferred (e.g. PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD). Candidates with a clinical background (e.g. MSN, PA) and extensive hematology/oncology MSL experience will be considered.
• 3+ years’ MSL experience in oncology required; experience in multiple myeloma and/or lymphoma is preferred. Haematology and or Oncology experience is essential.
• Clinical experience beneficial.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Fluent English, Spanish and Italian
• Ability to excel in dynamic settings with short timelines and effectively multi-task and thrive in a high pressure fast paced environment.
• Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with influential thought leaders.
• Thorough understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Valid and clean driver's license
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
• Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated
• Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles – finds the way