2018 has been an exceptional year for us at Concilium Search. With our highest turnover and graduate intake to date, the year has been nothing short of eventful. And with our business expanding overseas, we have enjoyed celebrating our successes in our London, New York and Amsterdam offices this year.
Let’s take a look over our biggest year to date…
- We started the year with new graduates and a new Finance Manager joining the Concilium ranks: Aaron Shamji, Danya Bradley-Barnes and Richard Holloway.
- We kicked off a year of great blog interviews with social entrepreneur, political commentator and activist, Kenny Imafidon. Campaigning for social rights and acting as a Trustee for domestic abuse charity S.W.I.M (Strength With In Me).
- We celebrated 100 years of suffrage, the first of many occasions in which we enjoyed celebrating the exceptional calibre of females we have here at Concilium.
- Chief of Staff Emilia Gladhaug flew to Munich with Marketing Consultant Alice Bodill-Maher to attend one of the largest Marketing exhibitions in the world: SMX Munich.
- Our CEO Maduka Okeke confirmed the office space for Amsterdam.
- We proudly sponsored The Inspire Tour with global public speaker and social rights activist Jeremiah Emmanuel – motivating hundreds of students to understand the importance of self-belief, overcoming adversity and always striving for success.
Corporate Social Responsibility was at the forefront
- Mental Health Awareness Week: we worked to understand the effects of workplace stress on mental health and what we could do to help others reduce workplace stress.
- Managing Partner, Richard Walker-Taylor, headed back to his old stomping ground to give a business talk to the students of the Merchant Taylors School. Inspiring one student enough to apply for an Internship with us.
- We were shortlisted for our first award: Best Temporary Consultant with Global Recruiter.
- Partners travelled to New York to put things in motion for the new office opening.
- The Under 9’s Football team we sponsor, The Selsdon Eagles, won the South East England Tandridge Gold Cup – following a whole cup run undefeated.
- Partner/Country Manager Kevin Ross and Senior Consultant David Potter flew out to Amsterdam ahead of their impending move to choose their new apartments – with the help of Chief of Staff Emilia Gladhaug.
- The Partners flew to Copenhagen to celebrate their successes and achievements so far.
- We opened our first international office in New York. Sending Senior Partners Daniel Jeffery, Oliver Harrison and Samuel Deane to head up our USA HQ (currently excelling above and beyond our expectations in their first six months).
- Our first interns: Kabir Mandair and Alexandra Toma joined our Concilium team.
- The class of 2018 started – possessing some of our most exceptional Graduates to date.
- We had our mid-year reviews and congratulations were in order for everyone who was promoted!
- Associate -> Consultant: Aaron Shamji, Carlin Debrah, Christopher Collins, Corby Kuffour, Helen Thurtle, Joshua Jarvis, Liam Smith, Lucinda Denney, Rudolph Obeng-Asare
- Back Office: Alice Bodill-Maher
- Partner -> Senior Partner: Daniel Jeffery, Oliver Harrison and Samuel Deane
- We hit a milestone – first month at £500,000!
- Consultant, Helen Thurtle, had her Scientific paper on how accurately an individual’s age can be predicted through the sequencing and analysis of DNA extracted from different body fluids published in Forensic Science International: Genetics.
- We got shortlisted for the IRP awards: Best Company to Work For category
- We were recognised by Executive Grapevine as one of the Top 20 Executive Search firms and in the Top 5 for Pharmaceutical Executive Search.
- 10 brave Consultants took on Tough Mudder in aid of raising money for homelessness charity Beam. Smashing our original fundraising target and proudly becoming Beam’s highest ever corporate fundraiser.
- Trip to NYC for our Partner trackers to surprise our Senior Partners heading up the New York office.
- We started the first leg of our University tour, sending Global Talent Manager, Lea Weber, and Consultants/Partners Adam Moore, Helen Thurtle and Kevin Ross to top UK Universities University of Birmingham, University of Bristol, University of Cambridge, University of East Anglia and University of Warwick.
- A good month for Back office which saw two promotions: Ines Ohnona getting promoted to Contracts Administration Manager and Lauren Skelton who is now working as an EA for Richard Walker-Taylor and Richard Ogbogbo.
- We sent Partner, Lucinda Denney, to University of East Anglia to give a talk at UEA’s Careers Week.
- We opened our third office in Amsterdam, being run by Partner and Country Manager, Kevin Ross, with the help of Senior Consultant David Potter.
- Our Annual General Meeting was held in Barcelona. Our best AGM to date, where we were delighted to award so many members of staff for their incredible work this year. Not forgetting the all important Partner promotions, for which we would like to extend our Congratulations to our new Junior Partners: Adam Moore, Matteo Prestinoni and Thomas Moore and our new Partners: Ashley Harris, Emilia Gladhaug, Herbie Butler, Kevin Ross and Lucinda Denney.
- Our newest C-Suite promotions were awarded to our new Chief Operating Officer Richard Ogbogbo and new Chief Business officer Theo Laycock-van Spyk.
A year filled with overall progression and focus saw the business grow internationally whilst traversing over challenges like minor bumps:-Their Dreams, Our Reality…